Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Book References Recommendation

Crucial Confrontations (Paperback)
ISBN: 0071446524

Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High (Paperback)
ISBN: 0071401946

As most project managers know, communication is critical as part of their work. Dealing with people is always a dynamic challange considering everyone they need to deal with will have different attitude, mindset, perspective, expectation, characteristic, etc.

I haven't gotten these two books yet, but planning to get a copy of them soon. Based on the feedback and review comment from those who own them, these two books will definitely add to your PM Tool Box :-)

Project Management Practices

Core Concepts: Project Management in Practice (with CD) (Paperback)
by Samuel J., Jr. Mantel (Author), Jack R. Meredith (Author), Scott M. Shafer (Author), Margaret M. Sutton (Author) "Once upon a time there was a heroine project manager..." (more)

1 comment:

Kam Yen Cheah said...

I have got the Crucial Confrontation. It worth the money!

It helps you to think:

Should I open my mouth?
Am I dealing with the right problem?
Am I the problem?
...

Overall, it is really a great book!

Converting a Physical Linux to Virtual

Hmm ... I have done a lot of work on my Linux Lubuntu 15.10 with PHP and PostgreSQL and a few other things ... it is quite time-consuming to...