Monday, March 12, 2012

Stakeholder Analysis?

Recently, in one of the brainstorm session with my colleagues from PMO, we were discussing about the design of the template for Stakeholder Analysis, which will be used by all project managers later in their project.

Ultimately, these templates are driving us to draw a few useful charts:




Note: above charts are derived from the following links:
http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newPPM_07.htm
http://www.stakeholdermap.com/stakeholder-analysis.html

Then, I was thinking it a few times, when is the time the Stakeholder Analysis document will be useful to me?

I believe if I am taking over a running project from someone else, this info will be useful. So, if I do it at the start of project, and I should keep on updating this document until someone takes over my project? :)

Honestly, a few things that I think the PM or PMO should consider when designing the template:

  1. How to identity your stakeholders
  2. Where is the source of information
  3. Reliability of the source of information
  4. Frequency of update to the status of stakeholder (last week he was our friend, this week he has become our enemy?)
  5. Who will be responsible to handle individual stakeholders
But, to keep a good log of the stakeholders' status is not an easy task, but it will be a useful tool if your project is big and involving many executors.


No comments:

Converting a Physical Linux to Virtual

Hmm ... I have done a lot of work on my Linux Lubuntu 15.10 with PHP and PostgreSQL and a few other things ... it is quite time-consuming to...