Friday, September 08, 2006

R&D on Project Performance Tracking

I have created some files to demonstrate the project performance tracking by using Ms Project 2003 and Ms Excel 2003.

All the files are zipped. The Ms Powerpoint file contains the scenario and sequences of the demonstration.

Please feel free to test it out and let me know if you have any better ideas or ways in doing it. Let's share our problems and solutions :)

The following is the summary of the R&D:

I create two projects. Project A and B. The mission of both projects is to install 100 units of PCs within 8 days. For every 20 units of PCs intallation, we assume 20% completion of the project. So, the following is a summary of the plan:

Day 1 - 20 units, Day 2 - 20 units, Day 3 - 20 units, Day 7 - 20 units and Day 8 - 20 units. For

Project A, I allocate these individual units across one single task row while Project B I break down the milestones into 5 task rows.

Then I enter the actual value - the actual units of PCs installed on individual days. I enter 20 units for day 1 and 40 units on day 2. Now the problem comes: Project A doesn't reflect the correct % complete accordingly. So, it is better if we breakdown the milestones into individual task rows. Check the presentation file for details...

No comments:

Converting a Physical Linux to Virtual

Hmm ... I have done a lot of work on my Linux Lubuntu 15.10 with PHP and PostgreSQL and a few other things ... it is quite time-consuming to...